Committing to a low-fat life style and choosing foods from the list of Low Fat Foods means making some alterations in the kitchens. But what does one have in mind by a low-fat kitchen? Normally list of low fat foods in kitchen mean substituting high-fat foods with low-fat foods. So yes, those double- block sandwich cookies should be cast away, along with that additional-butter popcorn. But don’t despair, there are so much low-fat products available these days, choices are pretty comfy to find. So what should one need to choose and lose?
Best Choices A From List of Low Fat Foods
- Oils Olive oil, canola oil, slippery cooking spraying, safflower oil, seasoned oils
- Canned Fish Water-packed tuna, salmon and pilchards
- Canned Vegetables and Fruit Peas, carrots, corn, beets, mushrooms, asparagus; peaches, pineapple, pears – in gentle syrup
- Canned Tomatoes Full, diced or crushed tomatoes, tomato purees, tomato sauces (with no extra salt)
- Legumes and Grains Tinned or dried black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), kidney beans, navy beans, black-eyed peas; rice, lentils, barley, couscous, quinoa, bulgur, kamut
- Pasta Whole wheat spaghetti, penne, lasagna sheets and other noodles
- Jars Anchovies, capers, pimientos, peppers, artichokes, pickles, sun dried tomatoes, softened garlic
- Soups and Stocks Low-fat, low-sodium tinned soups and soup mixes; low-sodium, fat-free broths, bouillon cubes and stock concentrates
- Flavorings Herbs, spices and seasoners; whole garlic, garlic paste, tomato paste, chili paste, bottled ginger, low-sodium Worcestershire sauce, soy sauces and bottled marinades
- Dressings Vinegars, mustards, low-fat or fat-free salad dressings and mayonnaise
- Breads and Cereals Whole grain breads, rolls and bagels; whole wheat flour; whole-grain cereals such as oatmeal, bran flakes or low-fat granola
- Dried Fruits Cranberries, cherries, blueberries and raisins
- Nuts and Seeds Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts, pecans; pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and flax seeds
- Sugars Honey, molasses, maple syrup
- Snacks Pretzels, low-fat microwave popcorn, whole grain crackers; sugar-free/fat-free pudding and jello, applesauce
And Other Views of Low Fat Foods:
A new study recently released by the University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center and published in the peer-reviewed journal Appetite confirms that incorporating spices into low fat foods improves taste.
This is not an exhaustive list of low fat foods, but it gives a thought of what types of things to store in a low fat kitchen to have flavorful components on hand. Like nuts, seeds, oils and fatty fish in the diets are fine in easing, as most of the fat from these foods is heart healthy. Be sure, also, to purchase adequate of fresh fruit and vegetables, from across the color spectrum.