Great Healthy Food Trends to Try
It’s never been a greater time for new and creative food trends. And many food trends are or can be quite healthy if you are smart about it! From the reinvention of the cheeseburger to elaborate wine tastings, food is now becoming a way to express yourself – and your palate, in what can be a healthy way.
The Burger Question
Not all hamburgers have to be unhealthy. Use some common sense. Eat a burger open face, discard the top of the bun and use a knife and fork. You will eat slower and satisfy yourself in a healthy way. Do not drown them in processed cheeses.
- Small-sized sliders, bizarre burger toppings such as bean sprouts, and the use of spices and sauces are all becoming popular.
- In Pasadena, California (which is the birthplace of the cheeseburger), they hold an annual burger festival showcasing the new burger trends of the year. It draws people of all walks of life, who stop by taste upcoming burger creations.
- Gourmet burgers are now found in four-star restaurants, loaded up with toppings like shitake mushrooms,red onions, beansprouts, red wine reductions and imported cheeses.(not that processed stuff!)
After losing the weight you want to lose, going back to an alcohol induced drink or two is not out of the question. Again, common sense. Mixed drinks which include sugary mixers should be avoided. And please remember—moderation!
- Wine flights are increasing in popularity, from reds to white and even champagne tastings.Expand your horizons!
- Find a wine class or two to educate yourself on the finer points of drinking wine. Many wine stores host wine tastings. Pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon are some of the most popular varietals.
Coconut Oil Reigns as King of the Oils
There are many good choices when it comes to cooking with oils. Besides butter and olive oil, coconut oil is a fast food trend that has been gaining in popularity because of its taste and healtyhy benefits.
- A great source of saturated fats, it lowers risk of heart disease and obesity.
- Coconut oil improves thyroid and cell function, making it a powerful replacement for butter and canola oil.
- It can now be found in restaurants and grocery stores as a substitute for olive oil and used for sautéing vegetables.
More Game Meats
- Bison, elk and venison burgers and other menu items are on the rise, offering a healthy alternative to beef for consumers.
Executive Chefs in Your Grocery Store
TV can be a great source for food ideas, and all are cooked fresh and healthy. And all shows will have an internet address so you can get the recipe.
- With food TV shows, executive chefs are now gaining a public face and can even be seen in the grocery store, recommending specialty foods and offering recipes with specialized ingredients from the store.
- Executive chefs are also leading cooking classes, often inviting patrons into their restaurant’s kitchen to learn to prepare their most popular dishes and desserts.
Brunch is the Most Important Meal of Your Weekend
When exploiting this food trend, remember to use common sense and moderation. Buffets and set prices for unlimited drinking will be a test to your will power!
- Weekend brunch is now common, no longer seen as a rare indulgence. Menus include gourmet omelets loaded with asparagus, fancy riffs on French toast and global breakfast fare.
- Free-flowing, unlimited Bloody Mary bars, mimosas and bellinis are included in many brunch deals.
Steeping & Eating Tea
Tea is one of this years best food trend. Very healthy and enjoyable, providing you do not use sugar and “drown” it in milk.
- Tea consumption is increasing in the United States. No longer just a beverage, it also will be found in more foods.
- Earl grey and chamomile tea will be used as meat rubs, as well as desserts like ice cream.
Asian Comfort Foods
Asians tend to have longer and healthier lives. They must be doing something right.
- Sushi and pot stickers have become more mainstream in restaurants, incorporated into many styles of worldwide cuisine.
- Vietnamese pho is now eaten all over America, and contemporary restaurants have designed their entire menu around the staple Asian soup.
More On Health Food Trends:
Many types of food trends and fads not only including weight loss or diets. Recent interest especially in North America in health foods such as quinoa.… Read on…….
Food trends nowadays are about thinking outside the box for a healthy way of eating, by not eating anything from inside the processed food box!